Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Painting Volunteers

Author: jawapro
Date: Tue 08/07/2014 10:47 PM

Sorry for the poor photo - it was sneaked by my phone when I wasn't really supposed to be taking photos. I know 'sneaked' isn't technically a valid word in that context, but it works.

On with the tale...

My sister is quite smart. She graduated from uni and everything. But sometimes I wonder...

She was having a dig at me about the state of paint in my bathroom - which to be fair was pretty atrocious and peeling off.

She said I really should do something about it, to which I replied that she was unemployed and welcome to have a crack if she wanted.

The thing that makes me doubt her sense and sanity is that she agreed. I wasn't really expecting that.

She also managed to convince Turkey to join her.

Two volunteers to work on my house while I am at work - fantastic!

So for the better part of a week they have been staying at my place and attacking my bathroom.

They've done a great job too - especially given the price (they were volunteers).

There's a little left for me to do - but it's mostly done now.

One thing that I found very surprising is that even after about 7 years living here, I hadn't realised there was a massive hole in my bathroom wall.

It's obviously where a cupboard used to live - but has been hiding behind a mirror since I bought the place. The things you find...

^ The hole in the wall makes a good speaker holder when painting. Also note, the paintwork wasn't quite that bad - that was after sanding it back.

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: LittleSis
Date: Thu 10/07/2014 12:37 PM

Thats a horrid photo.

Comment: 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Tue 22/07/2014 07:14 PM

Well you weren't exactly co-operating with me when I was trying to take them.