Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

The Weekend

Author: jawapro
Date: Thu 28/11/2013 08:13 PM

Well - that was an epic weekend.

Friday night Emma and I went to a Mick Thomas concert in Launnie. Mick’s the lead singer from Weddings Parties Anything - so I had a ball (and Emma didn’t hate it). It was a cool little concert - but sadly for Mick there weren’t many people there. I think it had been moved fairly last minute to the venue - but regardless it was an awesome night.

Saturday saw the family heading down to Hobart for a wedding. My cousin Daniel has become the first of the Kingston grandkids to get married. Congrats to Dan and Anita!

After a great night at the wedding, we headed back north. It was "The Day of the Doctor". Yep - Dr Who was celebrating it’s 50th anniversary.

The episode was broadcast around the world at the same time (about 6am here) but we skipped it, because it was also being screened at the cinema in Devonport. So off we hopped to watch Dr Who on the big screen!

I won’t spoil things if you haven’t watched it - but I really enjoyed the special. It tied up a lot of loose threads, while opening up new ones. Plus it was a lot of fun. Even Rose wasn’t too painful.

And then Monday night was my mate Tim’s 30th. He held a bit of a shindig celebrating 1983. Apparently that’s when Chicken Nuggets and 2 Minute Noodles arrived on the scene (so that was tea) and we watched BMX Bandits (not surprising if you’ve never seen it - I wouldn’t bother). The other choice was WarGames (which is well worth watching) but the BMX one was the first movie Tim remembers watching - so we did that instead.

We also hooked up my old Atari and had some great oldschool gaming going. Cant wait to play some more two-player Space Invaders. That’s good co-op!

Quite a busy weekend, followed by quite a big week. But it was great fun. Now I just want to catch up on some sleep...

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: LittleSis
Date: Fri 29/11/2013 08:06 PM

Dude, I don't know about Monday, but the rest of the weekend you weren't exactly sleep deprived :)