Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

A Very Dizzy Donald

Author: jawapro
Date: Sat 07/09/2013 10:33 AM

Ok - so sometimes it’s fun to do something stupid and pointless. Hence this pointless little thing.

On a recent trip to the tip when dumping e-waste (old computers etc) I heard something. It was only quiet - but consistent. Tracking it down - I found the remains of a solar powered something sitting on top of the crate. Not sure what it was originallly. It had a solar panel on a blue flower - and spun a green disk on top rather fast.

Whatever used to be on top was long gone - but the thing was still valiantly spinning flat out whenever the sun hit it. So I took it home - no idea what to do with it though.

While moving stuff out from under the house I found a little plastic Donald Duck that must have been from a previous owner. So I glued him to the spinning thing.

And now he sits by the gate all day getting very very dizzy.

Why? Why not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZTOymRj90

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Sat 07/09/2013 10:40 AM

That's completely ridiculous, but IMHO ridiculous enough that you can get away with it.

How long until somebody else on your street decides they want it? I give it less than a week, unless you make it very difficult to access.

Comment: 2

Author: klutz
Date: Sat 07/09/2013 05:14 PM

Its from one of those fake butterfly things that are supposed to keep moths off your veggies. The mouth is on a piece of wire hanging off the disc. Because of inertia the wire stays pointing the same direction but oscillates shaking the butterfly's wings.