Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

I have a slab...

Author: jawapro
Date: Tue 25/06/2013 10:19 AM

Ok - now THAT's a pump! A concrete pump to be exact. When they talked about bringing in a pump, I was expecting something at ground level - I didn't realize it'd go over my roof!

The cement mixer pours the mixture into the back, the pump sends it over my roof...

And straight to where it is needed. Even my massive holes took hardly any time to fill like this.

Then you hit the concrete with a vibrator thing that turns it into fluid and helps it settle (which is quite awesome to watch). Goes from a lumpy solid consistency to a fluid almost instantly.

Then comes the fun part - where the builders level off the slab.

Next we had to wait for it to set a bit before they could use the helicopter to smooth it out. I had to go to work - so this was the last I saw of the process yesterday.

But now it's daylight again and I can see the finished product. I have a slab! It's probably ok to walk on - but I'll give it another day just to make sure.

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: omnimors
Date: Tue 25/06/2013 10:27 AM

That's the same kind of pump that I've seen used on skyscrapers. Impressive. 

Comment: 2

Author: LittleSis
Date: Tue 25/06/2013 02:03 PM

I hope you took Neptune outside while it was wet and put his paw print in it. You've got to have a paw print if you're concreting.