Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Saying Goodbye to Grandma...

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 22/04/2013 08:18 PM

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going to Grandmas" - a fridge magnet on my parent’s fridge.

This has been a tough week.

Grandma Kerrison (although technically now a Jamieson since she married Pete, but always Grandma Kerrison to us) went into hospital on Monday morning.

We all knew she wouldn’t recover - her kidneys were failing. So we gathered to... well, say goodbye. I spent most of Tuesday in St Helens with her and the rest of the family. We might not have said much - but just to be there with her.

Pastor came up on Tuesday too and prayed with us all - and although Grandma wasn’t able to talk much, they were quoting the end of Romans 8 together. I don’t know about anyone else - but I found that really comforting.

Grandma passed away on Wednesday night.

In just over a month it will be 10 years since Grandpa passed away. They are together again now.

It’s been a messed-up week. I’ve only worked 3 days since last weekend (it’s Monday again now), and the funeral is tomorrow. We’ve had all the family gather from across the country (and beyond). In the middle of it all was a Lego expo that I’d committed to. So it’s been a tough and busy week.

It’s true that Grandma wasn’t always the easiest person to get along with (perhaps that’s an understatement) - but she was still my Grandma, and I’ll miss her.

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: omnimors
Date: Mon 22/04/2013 08:59 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family as you grieve.