Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Border Security

Author: jawapro
Date: Wed 09/05/2012 10:05 PM

This is the tale of how I know Grant Bowler doesn’t like cats...

I have a cat, his name is Neptune.

Neptune was born without a brain - but manages to cope fairly well with life considering.

One of his favourite toys is a laser pointer I found from somewhere. He loves it when I pick it up and let him chase the dot around the house. It’s the most exercise he ever gets!

If you pick up a pen to write something - he thinks it's the laser pointer and gets very excited.

Well - the laser pointer died a while ago - so I decided to buy him a new one.

And like all small cheap bits of gadgetry - the cheapest place to buy a laser pointer is to ebay it from Hong Kong.

But here’s where Grant comes in.

The office of Border Security and Customs sent me a letter to say that they’d found my laser pointer in the mail - but they hate cats and have decided to confiscate it.

As we all know, Grant works for Border Security - so it must have been him who sent me the letter!

Therefore Grant hates cats.

Neptune is very upset.

In other news - apparently it’s illegal to import laser pointers...

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Wed 09/05/2012 10:11 PM

There was a spate of people shining laser pointers at aeroplanes a few years back, so they decided that you couldn't import the powerful ones. I thought you could still get the baby laser pointers in, the ones rated to less than 5mW...All is not lost though - Jaycar has them! http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ST3102 So either wander into a store or try ordering them online from there. At least that way it should originate within Australia.

Comment: 2

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Thu 10/05/2012 06:33 PM

Well, it would, but it probably wouldn't be as cheap as the ones from Hong Kong, which was the (laser) point(er).