Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

News Update

Author: jawapro
Date: Sat 24/03/2012 11:35 PM

Ok - so maybe nothing recently has been worth an individual post (plus I’ve been lazy) - but here’s what I’ve been up to.

Mass Effect 3
Ok - so this is most of what I’ve been up to when I’m not at work, much to Chris’s annoyance. But it’s soooo good.

Church Camp
It was church camp last weekend. In many ways it was actually one of the better camps with less formal stuff on the Saturday night so we got to play board games and just enjoy ourselves (in past years there has been challenges and concerts and things). The catering wavered between good and lousy (cold corn on the cob just doesn’t cut it!) but sadly I’ve decided I’m just completely over Dysart (where the camp is held).  I’m sick of it. Plus, we all missed Klutz’s snoring.

Curing the Genophage
Years after I first tried - I’ve finally cured the genophage. Long live the Krogan!

Repairing Oscar
Chris did some work to Oscar recently. My rear brakes are fixed (when I did them last we didn’t replace the calliper even though we knew it was stuffed - so it’s warn through the pad already) and the handbrake (which actually holds the car now!). It feels downright un-natural pulling on the handbrake and it actually working!
The best news though, is that he also replaced the Exhaust Manifold Gasket for me - and Oscar has picked up some of the power he’s been missing lately. I’ve gained about a gear’s worth of power - which is awesome! Might not be quite right yet, but it’s a darn sight closer than it was.

Finishing Mass Effect 3
While Chris was away camping I put in a few solid evenings and got to the end of the game. While I didn’t hate the end as much as some people did - it still rather annoys me. Simply because at the end - your choices throughout the games just don’t matter anymore. Which flies totally against the rest of the game and the rest of the series up to then. But still, it was a brilliant game.

Longford Revival
I went to Longford today to check out the Revival again. It wasn’t quite as good as last year, but this time I wasn’t sick - so I probably enjoyed it more anyway. Lots of awesome old Mustangs and Ford GTs - and a old 40 series cruiser in the carpark I had to check out as well!

Well - that should have you caught up on the important stuff recently. I’ll now return you to normal programming...

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Tue 27/03/2012 07:24 AM

In regards to Mass Effect 3, I hate the ending and I haven't even played it! (I may have looked up some spoilers.) The worst bit is that your choices don't affect it, but the circle logic is almos funny as well - the Reapers (synthetics) kill all organics (us) so that we won't be killed by synthetics (i.e. the Reapers?). Derp.
As for the church camp, that's a pity, but pretty understandable - how many years have you gone there?
And from the sound of it, Oscar really needed that fix-up.