Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Return to the West Coast

Author: jawapro
Date: Fri 24/02/2012 12:13 PM

Turkeybrain wasn’t back at Uni yet - so wanted to head West again like we did last year. Well, apart from the part where his car got towed home last year anyway.

So we loaded up Oscar and Turk’s Laser and headed Westward. It was raining when we left - but by the time we reached the coast it was fantastic.

We camped at Trial Harbour again - and it’s a fantastic little spot.

We spent 4 days poking around the West Coast looking at old mining stuff etc. Zeehan and Tullah are both awesome little towns.

This little fella was at Tullah. A little past his prime - he is now just a decoration. They do still have a little engine that runs the circuit around the town - Wee Georgie Wood, but sadly he wasn’t running while we were there.

Some of the stuff at Zeehan. We spent hours in the museum there.

The old Iron Blow minesite at Queenstown.

The enterance to Climie’s Track. I haven’t been along the track in almost 20 years. It’s officially a no-through-road now, but that just means it’s pretty hairy. It’s enough to make Roothy and crew take things seriously - so you know it’s a fairly major track.

And we finally conquered the Road to Nowhere! Last year Turkey’s car broke down near the start, and I had to tow him out. This year we made it all the way through.

The trip was successful in other respects too - Turkey found and collected a body and a half for his Landrover while he was up here. Now he just needs to work out how to get it all home.

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Fri 24/02/2012 08:36 PM

I suppose half a Land Rover is better than no Land Rover - but still, lol.

Comment: 2

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Mon 27/02/2012 04:51 PM

I wasn't indending to buy a whole body, just the bulkhead, the large bit below the windscreen you can see in this photo. It's made of steel and tends to rust a lot. Mine is in terrible shape, far too damaged to repair properly, so I had to look for a new one. Turns out I found one which was in really nice shape attached to a complete body, and the price was right. The extra spares won't go astray, that's for sure. So it might seem strange that I've bought part a Land Rover, but without it I wouldn't actually be able to finish off my restoration.