Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Kevin's tour of Melbourne Part 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Thu 24/11/2011 11:05 PM

It’s like something out of a nightmare!

Rob’s training course is in a Mac lab! Can you imagine how sleazy that makes him feel? The Macs are only being used to RDP into a Windows box to do that actual work - but it still has a stupid little keyboard with missing buttons and a  buttonless mouse which is supposed to join the experience of using a mouse and a touch-screen on a phone, and achieves something less than both. As a mouse it sucks, and as a touch-pad it sucks.

Anyway - apart from the Macs, the training course is going quite well.

Oh yeah, these remind me - Rob and I almost missed the plane on the way over. We arrived in the airport in time to hear the boarding call for our flight. There was no one to check our bags in - so we had to find someone to check us in - and they did a special run to get our bags out to the plane. Gotta love small airports!

This weird thing looks like a reject from an old episode of Dr Who, but it’s actually supposedly a Theremin. Real Theremins are an awesome and somewhat steampunkish music instrument, but this appears to be a fake one that uses a video camera and software. Still - it’s fun to hear it make noises at people as they walk past - and occasionaly someone will do a ‘dance’ to see what they can make it do.

On the other hand, I have no idea what this thing is. Looks like a distant cousin of Deep Thought.

Melbourne is getting ready for Christmas - setting up a forest of Christmas trees with a crane. That’s better than New Zealand, where they erect Christmas Trees by crashing a helicopter.

Turns out that there was a new Mario and Zelda game released last night - EB had a launch party. If only it was for a decent game…

While in Melbourne, I just had to visit Captain Jack to pay my respects.

And it’s against the Nerd Law to visit Melbourne without going to Minotaur. It’s also almost impossible to visit Minotaur without buying stuff - but that’s a different thing…

And this is Potts. Mr Potts is a very important bear. You see, Rob’s cousin Gabi has just had surgery on her spine to try and straighten it out. She’s recovering in hospital in Melbourne, so Rob went to visit her a couple of times. Gabi was knocked out for the surgery, but Potts here was on hand to make sure nothing went wrong. He saw the whole thing. As I said, he’s a very important bear.

Anyway - my dinner has arrived.

Cop you later!
-Kevin

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Sat 26/11/2011 08:05 PM

I went to Minotaur today. Sadly, they don't have any Skyrim stuff - but after a look on eBay, it looks like no one has much in the way of Skyrim stuff. A sad affair :(