Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

V8s at Symmons Plains

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 14/11/2011 09:38 AM

This weekend we were back at Symmons Plains for another round of the V8 supercars. A couple of months ago this was looking like it might be the last one in the state - but seems our lousy government have managed to sort themselves out enough to sign another contract for a couple of years. It's the biggest sporting event in the state - we don't want to lose it! Wouldn't mind losing the government though...

The weather was downright awefull. Lots of sun and heat - Dad and I had to buy umbrellas to hide behind to escape the sun. At least they were good looking umbrellas...

Regardless of our support for Ford - the day belonged to Holden. The guys from Team Vodaphone are still dominating, even after their switch to Holden. Jamie was a full back straight ahead of second place, which was his teammate! It didn't all go their way though - Frosty got the best jump off the line and lead for the first quarter. Third place was a real battle too - but Tander just held out against a charging Winterbottom, who lost some time at the pits.

Jason came along again this year - but I'm not sure it was primarily for the cars...

And almost as awesome as the V8s - I found a G60 in the carpark! Great looking truck, with a Marks 5speed gearbox! Left the bloke my number in case he decides to sell.

All in all - a great day out.

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Sat 19/11/2011 02:45 PM

Go Holden! Unfortunately, Tassie's governmental issues will probably kick around longer than Ford's winning issues =/