Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Up the Gog...

Author: jawapro
Date: Mon 26/09/2011 01:47 PM

Just over a year ago, I was camping out near the Gog, and we cleared the track up to the summit.

Now that Oscar was back together again, I decide it was time to revisit the Gog again (I like it up here and have been back a few times).

A nice easy run up to the summit (technically the ‘Fire Tower’ location, the Summit is further along and surrounded by trees.

The old Fire Tower has been long since removed - but there’s still a trig point to announce that you’ve made it.

From here you can see all the way to the coast - pretty awesome view.

So I decided I’d have a look at the track from here to the Tarns (small mountain lakes). I’d walked the track last time as there were too many trees over the road. Well - someone has cleared most of it - so I was able to drive a lot further.

That was until I lost traction on this uphill section. Forwards or backwards - I was sliding sideways and that wasn’t good. So it was time to break out the trusty hand winch and pull Oscar up the hill.

On further investigation, it appears I was only in Two Wheel Drive. All the indicators said I was in Four, but only the rears seemed to be spinning. It’s obviously something I screwed up when I put Oscar back together - the front hubs aren’t’ engaging.

So sadly I turned around and abandoned my assault on the lakes. I’ll be back again - and with a working car hopefully.

Still - it was an awesome afternoon. It’s amazing how much fun you can have achieving nothing!

Comments: 2

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Tue 04/10/2011 08:57 PM

I'm definitely not as experienced as you, but I'd definitely say that going Four-Wheel-Driving in Two-Wheel-Drive doesn't work. Better fix that before the next trip.

Comment: 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Tue 04/10/2011 11:25 PM

Welcome back!
And yes, you are correct about that...