Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

Defence of Rimble

Author: jawapro
Date: Thu 25/08/2011 09:59 AM

Blast from the past!

Back in 2006 the two biggest things in my life were "Project" and "Graphics" - the two most challenging units in a Utas Computing Degree.

Well - last night I found my final Graphics Assignment - "The Defence of Rimble" again. It's been on this website before - but I decided to upload it to youtube to make it easier to watch.

So for anyone who hasn't seen it before - here is the "Defence of Rimble".

http://www.youtube.com/jawapro#p/a/u/0/qvwZe-aLR4A

I should point out that it doesnt look very impressive - but it was done in CODE. Not a graphics program - but C++ code.

Comments: 4

Comment: 1

Author: omnimors
Date: Thu 25/08/2011 11:35 AM

Very impressive, especially considering all that is coded.  I love all the Maelstrom references.

Comment: 2

Author: jawapro
Date: Thu 25/08/2011 11:38 AM

Thanks - you're probably only the second person who has seen it and recognises them. What did you think of the background music - my friend did a remix of the Maelstrom theme song for me and I cut it down a bit to use in the animation.

Comment: 3

Author: turkeybrain
Date: Thu 25/08/2011 12:51 PM

My coding skills are such that I'd probably have to look the syntax in a language I'd done before to be able to print "Hello World", so this sort of thing is incredibly impressive!

Comment: 4

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Sat 27/08/2011 08:14 AM

I remember seeing you work on this ages back - but I've never seen the finished project until now. Awesome!