Oscar up the Gog

www. Jawapro .com
                    A Seriously Froody Website

A suitcase full of Lego!

Author: jawapro
Date: Fri 15/07/2011 01:18 PM

When I was in Melbourne last week - I came back with a suitcase full of Lego. Not that I actually bought much while I was over there - but I collected stuff that I’d bought earlier.

First up we have a heap of awesome Power Miners sets. I never bought any PM stuff when it was available, but the MUGS group (who run Brickvention) have decided to do a large PM group display - so I stocked up on some when Ricky James had a sale a few weeks back. He was able to drop them off with Mike so I could pick them up when I was over. Thanks Ricky!

That would have been more than enough lego for one trip - but just before I headed over, I heard that the LugBulk order had arrived!

LugBulk is a deal where LUGs (Lego User Groups) can buy some rarer pieces directly from Lego. We'd put the order in at the start of the year, but it had finally come through. The Legends at MUGS were able to sort my order quickly so I could pick it up while I was there.

And before anyone asks - I can’t tell you what they cost me - that’s one of the rules of Lugbulk. You can’t sell the pieces or tell people what they cost. But I can say that it’s well worth it if you’re part of a LUG and plan to do some public displays.

I’ve started work on my combined project with Mike for this year’s Brickvention - and the first thing that comes to mind - I didn’t order anywhere near enough LURPs and BURPs! And I haven’t even started on the PM stuff yet...

Comments: 1

Comment: 1

Author: DarthOblivion
Date: Sat 16/07/2011 11:25 AM

The you-know-what at the back of the display doesn't have to be super high. And we have an idea of what we're doing - so you should do some thinking about the Power Miners stuff.